Kentucky - A Great Place to Do Business
The Commonwealth of Kentucky offers the perfect mix of business and quality of life advantages that make investing in Kentucky the right choice for European companies. Already home to a diverse and vibrant network of more than 170 European enterprises and business professionals, globally competitive firms have found that Kentucky makes it easy to succeed.
Kentucky offers numerous advantages, including the location within the heart of the eastern United States, an extensive transportation network that can expedite global commerce, an educated and skilled workforce that possesses a "can do" work ethic, as well as a variety of progressive financial programs that can reduce your cost of doing business.
Did You Know that...
- Kentucky is located in the center of 34-state distribution area in the Eastern U.S.?
- Kentucky ranks 3rd in the USA in total air cargo shipments because of the UPS Worldport and the DHL Americas Hub who are located at Kentucky’s two international airports (CVG and SDF)?
- more than $3.7 billion were invested in Kentucky in 2014?
- Site Selection ranks the Commonwealth #1 in the U.S. for new and expanded industry activity per capita – qualifying projects involving a capital investment of at least US$ 1 million, the creation of 20 or more new jobs or a new construction of 20,000 sq. ft. or more?
- Kentucky's industrial power costs are lower than any other state east of the Mississippi River (6th nationally), and are nearly 20 percent less than the national average?
- In 2014, 30 percent of Kentucky’s announced investment came from foreign direct investment?
- Kentucky is home to more than 170 European companies?
- Kentucky’s top industry sectors are: Automotive, Food & Beverage, Aerospace, BioTech, Chemicals, Distribution & Logistics?
- Kentucky ranks 8th in the U.S. in manufacturing GDP?
Surprised? We aren't. Let us tell you why!